Search This Blog

Windows Phone User Never Got the chance to Play the Original Flappy Bird Game

Monday, February 10, 2014

Then there was Plants vs. Zombies, Angry Birds, Candy Crush and now Flappy Bird(birds are immensely famous nowadays). This game has become an online phenomena that whenever I opened my Facebook account it seems that 80% of my friends(the real ones) are posting and boasting about how high they have gone with Flappy Bird's score board, in which I don't have any idea. However, I wasn't able to download one because of some other games that I am still attached to.

I once asked myself what’s with this game, that everyone have gone crazy about it. By just merely looking at the screenshots, I can see a pixilated images, now what makes it special?



History of Flappy Bird


Okay let’s go back to the birth of this Bird game popularly known as Flappy Bird. Where and who has started this mind blowing game that got everyone sticking their nose over their phones and seems they simply can't let go of it.

It was created by a Vietnamese developer named Dong Nguyen, the man of the hour. It was released on May 24, 2013 but got its full attention just this January 2014. But the game is now removed from App store and Google play. Sad.



No Flappy Bird for Windows Phone


By the time that I was totally sold out of the game and wanted to try one was also the time that the developer announced that he will be removing the game. Yes, I wanted to download the game(out of curiosity of course) and at the same time I have learned that Nguyen is pulling out the game. How cool is that? Sigh. But I've got this hope that maybe the Windows version would not be affected with the said announcement. Just to find out that there has been no Flappy Bird that was created by Nguyen, there were some Flappy Bird’s like game available but I would want to have the original one.

It was known to Windows Phone users that the developer Dong Nguyen will be creating a Flappy Bird windows version. But it seems that it won’t be happening any time soon. He has already removed the said app from Apple Store and Google Play, so I don’t see any reason of him posting it in Windows store.

It seems that the developer wasn’t able to handle the negative comments of not so positive people. But who cares he’s earning a LOT however he does care with the comments, that’s how I see it.

So am I complaining for not being able to experience the adrenaline pumping game? Somewhat yes, I wasn’t able to join and feel the excitement and thrill that everyone has been talking about.

Do I still like Windows Phone?


I would still love and adore this Windows Phone and by the way I don’t have one I am just using my partners phone. I know I don’t have the right to complain since I am not the one who bought it, however I also wanted to be heard about my dilemma of not having the chance to play the super famous game.

Lesson Learned:


As what they say “strike while the iron is hot” is very much relatable to my situation. I should’ve downloaded it immediately and not settled with Minion rush and Farm Town(my new favorites). Wait! Windows don’t have it right? Should I say “I should’ve atleast borrow somebody’s phone and played #FlappyBird”.

I just hope the creator has been more courageous to face the criticism that he is dealing. But I’m not him and I don’t have any idea about what he is going through. I just wish him well and we will be all waiting for your next release. #ByeforNowFlappyBird

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading