Search This Blog

5 Ways to Check Your Reddit Account if it's Banned or NOT

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I am just a novice blogger and I really wanted to promote my blog in any way I can. Marketing and promoting a blog like mine is never easy, there are MANY existing blogs that are way better than mine(I’m not being pathetic here I’m just realistic). The first and the only way which I am still practicing today is by posting my blog to social discovery sites /social bookmarking sites and social networking sites such as StumbleUpon, Reddit, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and so on. It's very crucial for me to know if my posts are being read or seen by anyone because if it's not the way I wanted it to be then my efforts would just be wasted, right?

Promoting using these sites delivered an outstanding result from a 15-19 views in a post to 30-40 views is such an achievement. Yes, I know maybe you’re thinking it’s a pitiful low views but for me this is definitely an overwhelming effect, at least I know my blog is not stagnant.


However, I have observed that I am not getting traffic from Reddit and I have been posting in the site for almost 7 months already. So I have decided to conduct some research about it and just look what I have found. All this time I was banned from Reddit, all the efforts and time that I have spent has been wasted, nothing, zero, valueless.

So before you continue investing your time and effort in posting to the Reddit site you might as well check if your account is banned or not.

How to Check if your Account in Reddit is Banned or NOT?


1. Open a different browser aside from the browser you are using for you Reddit Account.


You can use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE or any kind of browser.

2. Log in to your Account.


Go to http://www.reddit.com/ and then log in to your account.

3. Visit your profile.


Click on your username which is found at the top most right side of the dashboard in Reddit.

4. Copy your profile link.


Copy your profile link which looks like this http://www.reddit.com/user/michelle_andrea/, just change the michelle_andrea with your username, and then paste it to the browser which you have opened earlier where you are not logged in.

5. Verdict.


So this is the part where we can check if your account is banned by Reddit. We can confirm this if the page displays a message saying "Page Not Found". See the image below.

Reddit Banned Account - Page Not Found

How to get Unbanned?


Now the question is how do we remove from being banned? I have read some discussions and the best advice that I have seen is to message the admins,which I have already done just now. However, this won't be easy since admins are quite busy but message them anyway.

See Also: How to Install XAMPP


Today, February 23, 2014, I have sent a message to the admin and will wait for their helpful response. So I will just wait and see if how this would work out for my account, then I’ll just update it here if how my account unbanning would go along.

1 comment

 

Most Reading