Search This Blog

When I Decided to QUIT Blogging

Saturday, October 26, 2013

It’s been three days already that I haven’t written anything on my blog. For the past two months I was very eager to write helpful articles and then suddenly the feeling wasn't the same anymore. I got bored, lazy, burnt out and it was just keeping me sick to see that it seems that no one cares about my blog. It’s really emotional or whatever you want to call it but I’m pretty sure when you were starting your own blog you have felt the same way too.


I have tried to force myself to write just one article but I wasn't successful, I've realized that it could only hurt my blog by creating more and more crappy articles. Then a friend told me that this is normal and common to experience writer’s block. Oh well, I don’t actually consider myself as a writer yet but then maybe he’s right.


And after a blog free days I have decided to write again. Here are the three things that helped me regain my writing soul:

1. Have a break


Just like anything in this world, you surely should have a break from something that you are dying to be successful at. If you don't, then you'll end up being fed up. Instead of doing it with passion you might be doing it because you need to do it or you take it as an obligation. That's the most important thing I have learned and that is to have time to relax.

2. It takes Hard Work


Success doesn't come in an instant. I am a beginner when it comes to blogging but one thing I've come to realize that it would really need hard work to be a successful blogger. I also learned that my goals won't come easy if I'm going to quit this early. (I'm still in the process in developing this trait though.)

3. Have Fun


It does feel good when you enjoy what you do. Instead of treating it as a career that needs to be pursued, why not treat it first as a hobby? One thing I have realize also is that I need to find enjoyment from blogging, so that it won't feel like a heavy burden every time I write. And what I really like now is that the fact that there could be someone out there who took time to read my article and waits for my next creation.

There could be many reasons why you want to give up blogging but won't it be nicer to figure out things that made you decide to invest your time for blogging. It’s a decision to make in each and everyday, and today I've come to decide to continue.


I don't know if I'd be successful with this but I believe its worth a try.

How about you, have you already decided to quit or have you overcome those reasons to quit? It's a choice to make. Good luck to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading